Saturday, March 29, 2008

Having an "I hate diabetes" night

I dont ever like diabetes, but tonight I really dont like it. Kylee was outside jumping on our trampoline tonight with her friends. One of the girls comes running in to tell me Kylee is hurt, so I go running out there and she is laying on the trampoline crying and another girl is holding her glasses. She somehow managed to knee herself in the face, smashing her glasses into her eye, cheekbone and temple. She's got the beginnings of a black eye, a scratch on her temple and her her cheekbone is still puffy and red and Im sure it will be bruised too. Her glasses are also all bent, but fortunately I have to take Dakota to the eye doctor on Monday and I have her old glasses still, so she can wear them until I get hers fixed. So she came inside to put ice on her face and started to feel like her blood sugar was low. She checked and sure enough it was. So she had to drink juice and have a snack while keeping ice on her face and it all got to her. She started crying that she hates having diabetes, she is tired of it and wants it to go away, and she doesnt want to die or have her feet amputated. And of course I started crying too. Hell, Im tearing up just typing this. It isnt fair that she has to worry about her blood sugar and what she is eating and shots and finger sticks all the time. It really bullshit that a 10 year old is worried about death and having her feet amputated. I hate this stupid disease.

3 comments:

Velda said...

My heart just aches for both of you so much. As you may know my brother had diabetes so it touches my heart. I will keep her in my thoughts. No little one should have to deal with those worries! ((Hugs))

Tammy said...

Oh, my heart breaks for you both, hon.

I know little to nothing about diabetes. I apologize for my ignorance, but know I hate diabetes too! No child should have to worry about such things!

Sending big hugs to you both.

Chris said...

{{{HUGS}}} to you and to K.